Golden Lions KidSight Project
The Golden Lions KidSight program provides free vision screening to over 3000 kids ages 3 through the first grade. The program also provides information and education to parents about the importance of good vision for children. The Lions screen in schools in Jefferson County, Denver as well community centers.
- Project Email: Golden Lions Kidsight
- Project Chairman: Fred Wilson 720-500-3623
- School Scheduling: Robert Storrs 720-334-0114
- Team Leaders: Ed Dorsey, Bill Eckhardt
Parent permission forms and information sheets can be found at Screening Forms
- Golden Lions KidSight Screening – Jeffco Schools Information
- Golden Lions KidSight Screening – DPS (link to pdf - future)
- Golden Lions KidSight Screening – other schools and community groups (link to pdf- future)
Used Eyeglasses Dropoff Locations
The Golden Lions Club participates in the Lions International "Recycle For Sight" program by collecting used eyeglasses. Once used glasses have been collected, they are sent to the Sterling Prison, scanned to determine the optics of each pair, cleaned and sorted by perscription. They are then distributed to various organizations who distribute them in the U.S. and around the world to people that do not have access to glasses. Used hearing aids may also be dropped off in the eyeglass collection box.
Collection locations picked up by Colorado Lions Statewide are shown on the map below. View the MAP in full screen.