The was chartered with Lions International in December 1942. We serve Golden Colorado and the surrounding communities.
Our activities and support include:
- Currently provide (3) $2000 scholarships to Golden High School.
- 9Health Fair - Working multiple locations.
- Constructing gazebos, dugouts, park shelters and other recreational facilities throughtout the community.
- Kidsight - Eye testing over 3000 preschool kids annually.
- Colorado Lions Camp - Sponsoring kids for a week at camp.
- Backpack Program - Provides backpacks full food for on weekends for children in need.
- Family Tree - Provides innovative, life-changing services designed to end child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness.
- Rocky Mtn Lions Eye bank - Provides nearly 2,000 sight-restorative cornea transplants each year.
- Rocky Mtn Lions Eye Institute - Provides skilled services for those seeking care for eye diseases.
- Annual Food Drive with the Golden Post Office.
- Oganizing the 4th of July Festival with live music, free rides for kids, refreshments and concluding the day with a fireworks display.
These are just a few of the activities and organizations the Golden Lions Club support.Interested in joining us serving the Golden community, Email Membership Chair.